Sunday, July 6, 2014

Week 25

Fragments by Submotion Orchestra


Dude. Let's get fragmentized.

Submotion Orchestra is one of the coolest groups I've heard in a long time. They're a seven piece group that can go toe to toe with any record-scratcher. Except better. Honestly, if I had you listen to this with your eyes closed, would it even cross your mind that these are acoustic instruments?



That's what I thought.

They've got the atmospheric, experimental, chill-hop thing down not to mention Ruby Wood's 'Norah Jones meets Bassnectar' voice.

Although I dig the whole album, standout tracks include the romantic "Thinking," "Snow," and the haunting "Coming Up for Air."

If any of the following words appeal to you, I highly recommend giving this group a spin: Nu jazz, electro-pop, ambiance, groovestep, awesome sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment